From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to crop an image using IMAQ vision and vision assistant.

I am new to using IMAQ vision, but I am comfortable with Matlab image processing tools. I would like to crop an image using IMAQ vision around a certain region that is automatically determined before in the program. I would also like to know if there is a way to crop an image in half also. I believe if one of the questions is answered then both will be. Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,877 Views)
You'll have to use the IMAQ ROIToMask function. The trickiest part is the definition of the Region of Interest (ROI descriptor)(located in the Region-of-Interest IMAQ subpalette), but by experimenting a bit, you should rapidly get the expected result.
CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 3
(8,869 Views)
If I understand correctly, you just want to extract a part of the image. Conveniently enough, the IMAQ Extract vi does that for you. Use the optional rectangle to specify the area of interest, and set the X and Y step size to 1.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 3 of 3
(8,866 Views)