From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Delay during image transfer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using jenoptik speed XT 5 core camera with labview. I would like to take the image data and to make some image processing. Unfortunately I have only one possibility using its library in labview. Here it is:

pic_jenoptik_acqimages2jpg.png

I have measured the time for execution of the function GetAcquiredImage at the begining of my code and I saw that the time around 1 second. It is very big delay for my task. May I ask how I can reduce the the execution time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(5,986 Views)

I would like to attach the labview library of the camera but the file is very big - 12MB. I can send ti via e-mail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,985 Views)

Here is the link with the labview library of the camera.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iopbfs523437wrh/AAAJHQFKPs36sXi63nnDEnkia?dl=0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,975 Views)

Since it sounds like the delay is in the library provided by your camera vendor, it seems like a better place to start would be the camera vendor. Without the camera, there is no way for any of us to see the same issue since it is using their library.

Message 4 of 20
(5,970 Views)

In other words, it means that I have to speak with the camera manufacturer. Anybody from the forum can't help me without using the same camera.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,962 Views)

If you were using a standard camera and NI-IMAQ or IMAQdx then likely people would have some ideas. However, you are using a vendor-specific SDK and so the problem either relates to that SDK or how you are using it.

Message 6 of 20
(5,953 Views)

Hi,
without the hardware I really can't say what causes delays but for sure you can get rid of the additional delays caused by saving and reading all obtained images to the hard drive in each iteration. I suggest you to modify "Get Acquired image" in the Jenoptik library so it could pass data directly into the desired image format (IMAQ image). You can check attached VI Snippets where is shown the modification as well as simple example of the acquisition.

Ondřej K.

CLA, CTA, CLED
Download All
Message 7 of 20
(5,939 Views)

Hi

Happy New Year.

I tried your suggested code but till now without success. I am sending my debug error.

Regards

Debug_Code.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,799 Views)

Hi,

I have only two recommandations. Do not split reference wire of the ActiveX session and stop using flat sequences. There is high chance that camera's frame buffer overflows with enabled execution highlight because it dramatically slows down frame reading.

BR,

Ondřej K.

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,794 Views)

Hi

The situation is still the same.

Regards

Debug_Code1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20