Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off/on triggering within same IMAQ session

I put together an image acquisition application with a NI 1427 frame grabber and a Basler Aviator camera. I want to be able to switch between continuous (non-triggered) acquisition and triggered (acquisition is not running during the switch).

I can switch from continuous to triggered without reconfiguring the IMAQ session by using the IMAQ Configure Trigger3 VI. However, to go back to non-triggered mode, I tried calling the Configure Trigger3 VI with "Disabled" as the Action but that gave me a "Requested triggering mode is invalid error". I also tried using "Software Trigger" as the Type and that gave me the same error. Is there no way to turn off triggering without reconfiguring the entire IMAQ session?

Thank you for any input.

Vadim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,560 Views)

* Bump

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,543 Views)

Hi VadB,

Another possible way that you can go about changing this setting is to use the IMAQ Set Attribute VI. For the input of "Camera Attribute" please send a string constant with the text "Synchronization" and for the "Attribute Value" please write "Free Run." You will have to stop the acquisition before you can set the attribute, but you may be able to avoid closing the session.

Regards,
Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,538 Views)

Hi Kira,

Thank you for the response. I tried what you suggested but received an error stating that this was not a valid attribute. So I looked in MAX and saw that I have 2 Camera attributes (I think based on my icd file) and they are Bit Depth and Triggering. The Triggering attribute does have a "Free Run" value which I tried using with the IMAQ Set Attribute VI (with Camera Attribute = Triggering). I had no error but the frame grabber was also not acquiring images, i.e., the IMAQ session was originally in triggered mode and it seems that it was still waiting for an external trigger. 

Vadim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,533 Views)

hey plz tell me how to set external trigger mode?

my camera is start and taking continous image but i want to take image by the external trigger mode.

my camera is basler a622f

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,515 Views)

zzzzzabc, this link should answer your question:  Programmatically Get and Set Attributes with IMAQdx vs. IMAQ for IEEE 1394

Vision and Motion Enthusiast
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,503 Views)

Hi zzzzabc,

You should also be able to change this setting in Measurement & Automation Explorer or in the software that Basler software that came with your camera. More about the camera settings can be found in the your cameras user manual. Please let us know if you have other questions about this.

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,498 Views)