Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass and reject a nut ( particular dimension) using particle analysis. ?

Solved!
Go to solution

How to pass and reject a nut ( particular dimension) using particle analysis. ?

Hello.

My task is -

If I have nuts of  different diameter (say 1 cm, 2 cm ) , I have to pass 1 cm nut and all the other nuts are rejected. 

Can I use particle analysis for this ?

As I am new in NI Vision ,Please suggest me appropriate steps to proceed.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shreya111
08-27-2015 04:09 PM

Re: How to pass and reject a nut ( particular dimension) using particle analysis. ?

Yes, you can...
Select appropriate particle measurement you need and filter using particle filter.
for details on which particle measurement need to be used please refer:
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements/
-I hope you are aware of the fact, you need to calibrate if you want real world measurements.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,044 Views)

Re: How to pass and reject a nut ( particular dimension) using particle analysis. ?

Hello,

I made a VI , It sometimes show area(pixels) of 3 particles and sometimes more than 3 particles. I am attaching my vi and respected snapshots. Is I am going on right track ? Please suggest me modifications as soon as possible.

Thanksparticle front panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,022 Views)

-You are on right track...
-Depending on your requirement you need to tighten filter parameters, by adjusting parameters you can filter required particles only.
-Which filter parameter you are using to filter particles and why?
-Which particle is required to separate from the other in the image?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,997 Views)

Hello,

Suppose I have 3 nuts having diameter 0.6 cm, 0.8 cm and 1 cm respectively. I want to pass 1 cm nut and reject other ones with the help of their areas using particle analysis and it should also show its area on front panel.

I  chose Heywood Circularity factor in particle filter 3 vi and Heywood Circularity factor, Center of mass X and Area in Particle Analysis vi. 

The problem is , it sometimes accept another particles when I move the nut on another places .

I am attaching my VI and respected snapshot. Please give me valuable suggestions.

Waiting for favorable reply.

Thanks

Final Particle FP 1.pngFinal Particle FP 2.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,958 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Sir,

My case is more or less the same, use the vision to capture whether the screw nut is there.

So follow the same way ?

By the way, open CV and labview is more or less identical ? or be used in different field ?

Thanks.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(133 Views)