From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass and reject a nut ( particular dimension) using particle analysis. ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

My task is -

If I have nuts of  different diameter (say 1 cm, 2 cm ) , I have to pass 1 cm nut and all the other nuts are rejected. 

Can I use particle analysis for this ?

As I am new in NI Vision ,Please suggest me appropriate steps to proceed.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shreya111
Yes, you can...
Select appropriate particle measurement you need and filter using particle filter.
for details on which particle measurement need to be used please refer:
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements/
-I hope you are aware of the fact, you need to calibrate if you want real world measurements.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,281 Views)

Hello,

I made a VI , It sometimes show area(pixels) of 3 particles and sometimes more than 3 particles. I am attaching my vi and respected snapshots. Is I am going on right track ? Please suggest me modifications as soon as possible.

Thanksparticle front panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,259 Views)
-You are on right track...
-Depending on your requirement you need to tighten filter parameters, by adjusting parameters you can filter required particles only.
-Which filter parameter you are using to filter particles and why?
-Which particle is required to separate from the other in the image?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,234 Views)

Hello,

Suppose I have 3 nuts having diameter 0.6 cm, 0.8 cm and 1 cm respectively. I want to pass 1 cm nut and reject other ones with the help of their areas using particle analysis and it should also show its area on front panel.

I  chose Heywood Circularity factor in particle filter 3 vi and Heywood Circularity factor, Center of mass X and Area in Particle Analysis vi. 

The problem is , it sometimes accept another particles when I move the nut on another places .

I am attaching my VI and respected snapshot. Please give me valuable suggestions.

Waiting for favorable reply.

Thanks

Final Particle FP 1.pngFinal Particle FP 2.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,195 Views)

Hi Sir,

My case is more or less the same, use the vision to capture whether the screw nut is there.

So follow the same way ?

By the way, open CV and labview is more or less identical ? or be used in different field ?

Thanks.

Bruce

Learning from other people
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,370 Views)