From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make object tracking using IP camera in Labview

HI everyone,

I want to do object tracking using IP camera in Labview for my project. In my program, I will set IP camera in one place all the time, if the car comes and parks there, my IP camera will capture the image of that car. I am just the beginner in Labview and I don't have any knowledge on it. I hope someone can help me in my problem.

Really Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,726 Views)

Well the basic procedure would be

acquire image

detect car

if there is a car  --> save image

return to start

how you will be detecting the car though is what you need to decide based on your situation.

Also what is the model of the IP camera?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,713 Views)

HI,

My IP camera cannot connect with vision assistant.. i think VA not support my IP camera.. Sorry that I don't know the model number of that camera.. I think it doesn't have Model number.. It is just called IP camera.. plz go through this link and check http://www.fastgadgets.net/?p=67 ... my IP camera is almost the same with it... 

When I capture the image with that IP camera, that image comes out in web page. So I use Displaying an Image from the Web in LabVIEW Program which can get from this link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B92648089952CDD386256D0F00792187.. By modifying this, i can capture the image from IP camera in 1s.. Now what I want to do is something like image subtraction... I have tried subtract.vi from example.. But I think it is not what I want.. I think I have to do object tracking... The camera will be in one place and monitoring that place. If the car comes and parks there, capture the image. Do u have any idea for my problem.. I don't have any idea about object tracking.. If u know how to do it, please help me.. Since this is my final year project, I have to finish it on time..Really thanks^^

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,696 Views)

If you are just detecting whether there is a car there or not, you may not need motion detection or tracking.

Think about it this way. What would you do if a friend asked you to call him if there was something parked outside your window (for example). How would you know if something is there or not (compared to an empty parking space) so you could tell him?

A car/truck/bus/boat/shipping crate will obstruct the background.

Can you think of a way you would know there was something that is not the background in your photo?

Can you post an image with and without a car there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,691 Views)