Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a trigger signal from d-sub on NI PCIe-1427 frame grabber

Hello

I am using a PCIe-1427 frame grabber with a CCD camera. The camera works with a light source and I need to make a strobe light using a 15-pin D-SUB connector on PCIe-1427 frame grabber. I know that there are 4 trigger signals available to send on D-SUB connector. Does anybody know how can I do this? Is there any example or maybe somebody has any ideas? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,179 Views)

Hi Ivan,

I'm sure you have seen this document, but I would like to first link the user manual for the NI 1427

NI PCIe-1427 User Manual

On page 3-3, you can find the pinout of the DSUB connection. The TTL trigger lines are the first four pins. For the software aspect, I recommend trying out the HL Pulse Generation example which can be found in the NI Example Finder by following the steps below:

1. Open any LabVIEW Window and click Help -> Find Examples...
  2. You will see a file tree organized by task. Navigate the tree to Hardware Input and Output -> Vision Acquisition -> NI-IMAQ -> Signal Input and Output
  3. There are several examples in this folder which may be helpful. The HL Pulse Generation example provides an easy UI for configuring a trigger on any available line so you can familiarize yourself with the API

Please let us know if this is a sufficient starting point for you and thank you for posting!

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 2
(2,135 Views)