From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine image type in IMAQdx

Solved!
Go to solution

You can use the IMAQ property node to determine the image type when creating images.  However, when I try this with IMAQdx I get 0 for bits per pixel and I do not see an image type like for IMAQ.  I am creating 8 bit images when my camera is color.  How do I determine the image type from the camera file?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,503 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DarkLordOfG

Hi rammer,

IMAQdx exposes an attribute called "TypeOfImageInUse" which will give you the expected image type for the current camera settings. However, any of the IMAQdx functions that return an image will automatically convert the image to the appropriate format automatically, so you normally don't need to worry about it.

I don't believe that attribute is currently directly exposed as its own property node, but you can use the CameraAttributes -> ActiveAttribute/ValueU32 ones to query it like any other dynamic camera attribute.

Eric

Message 2 of 6
(4,491 Views)

can you post a screen shot.  Not sure what VI you are talking about.  It must come from the FG not a camera attribute.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,472 Views)

Eric,

Never mind my last post.  Figured it out.  THANKS!

John

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,470 Views)

I can't find "TypeOfImageInUse".  Can you please post a screenshot?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,111 Views)

Hello! This is an old post, I recommend that you create a new post for your question to get faster and better responses from the community

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,102 Views)