Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an application in LabVIEW 10 including FLIR Thermovision Toolkit 3.3

Can you look in the manual how to verify if the active x control is installed. What labview and windows version are you running on? You can test another thing as well... Open "ThermoVision Create.vi" and turn on the light bulb (debug). Run the example again and look in the create -vi. Do you get any error in the vi or does anything look strange inside it.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 86
(3,284 Views)

I am using 2009 labview and windows 7. I found that activexreference function is installed and when I run the thermovisionopen.vi function with the light bulb, it runs but shows the error as failed to connect camera error code#1.device not present. I dont know what is that error code#1. And also when I connect the camera to PC thro firewire. I get 2 camera identifications under NIIMAQdx in MAX. one with the directshow bus type and the other with firewire bustype. But the firewire bus type shows a black image with some lines on it(but I can see the image - not very clear) and with the directshow shows a perfect image. which camera SN I have to enter. But I tried using both, both off them shows up the error.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 86
(3,280 Views)

Hello Nichoo,

I'm not familiarized with this toolkit, does it run by itself or are you using any of our Vision software? If not, you could also try asking FLIR for support.

Have a good day!  

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 86
(3,279 Views)
Nichoo, you could try to leave the serial number input empty, if you not have done that before.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 86
(3,278 Views)

hello ULfn, this is what i got.. But I am using firewire conn not GPIB

Error 0 occurred at ThermoVision Open.vi
Failed to Connect Camera. Error Code #1, "Device not present"

Possible reason(s):

FieldPoint: Success
=========================
LabVIEW: Error connecting to GPIB driver or device.
Motion: No Error.
Motion: No error.
NI SoftMotion: No error.
NI-488: Error connecting to driver or device.
VISA: (Hex 0x0) Operation completed successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 86
(3,273 Views)
Nichoo, the error code is internal from the toolkit and is not specified in labview, thats why labview can't translate the code correctly. Can you paste all the parameters you are using when you call the create-methode?
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 86
(3,261 Views)

Hi Ulfn,

I have attache the picture of the thermivisionopen.vi function showing error even afetr entering the parameters.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 86
(3,171 Views)

Ulfn,

I am getting the image in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 86
(3,168 Views)

Hi Guys,

I'm the guy who opened this thread. In meantime I solved all the problems and build the tester. I'm using a FLIR A615 to take an IR image before and after heat-up an automotive heater and then doing various analysis with the data (comparison with an " golden template ", uniformity of heat zones, average and maximum temperatures in different areas, delta heat for certain spots, etc..)

The tester is validated and running at full capacity in our production facility and I'm actually building a second machine now.

So, if you need any help, let me know and I'll try to help you as much as I could. Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 86
(3,160 Views)
Nichoo, the code and parameters looks ok to me. It was a long time ago since I tested A20/A40 with Firewire so I'm a little bit rusty... There could be a conflict with NI firewire driver and Flir toolkit driver. If I recall it correctly NI updated there firewire driver to support Flir cameras 10 years ago(?). Could it be that the NI driver reserves the camera resorces when it is connect? One last thing could be to uninstall NI firewire driver.
I guess its time for you to call Flir support for more help, I dont think I can help you any more.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 86
(3,155 Views)