From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an application in LabVIEW 10 including FLIR Thermovision Toolkit 3.3

I don't think the tcp/ip protocol from Flir is open.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 86
(4,047 Views)

If you cannot communicate on low-level TCP/IP with this camera, you might want to ask them if there's any interface that can be used. Ask them about Ethernet, USB, FireWire, Serial, anything. Once you find that out, then you can ask whether that same interface will work with LabVIEW (most of the time the answer is yes, it's just a hard task to do a lot of the low-level organization of data into image data).

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 86
(4,039 Views)

Hi ulfn ,

If i buy the Flir toolkit what are features they  provide .Do they give and special vi consisting of algorithm for image processing or its just going to grab the image and displaying .

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 86
(4,021 Views)

Hi ulfn

Thanks . so ill get an GIGE camera in which i can do these thing using the IMAQ dx .

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 86
(4,015 Views)

Hey everybody,

I was finding solution for my problem, and looked your discussion, seems like you ppl could solve my problem. I am workng with FLIR A40 cam with labview. I was tring to read the temp image in the labview by the examples given in the labview toolkit. But I am getting an error as "Error -1 occured at Thermovision open.vi Failed to connect camera. Error code#1,Device not present", But i can identify the cam in MAX and view the video in it, but while running the labview coding, its giving me the error. Do anybody know the solution. Pls let me know ASAP as I my project deadline is near.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 86
(3,974 Views)
Nichoo, how is the camera connected to the pc? Ethernet? The toolkit is based on active x and it can be tested manually from labview with one of examples under labview\exemples\thermoviosion\. You have to select correct camera, ip-address and interface. Try to connect to the camera from the active x control by pressing connect button.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 86
(3,969 Views)

Hi Ulfn,

Thanks for replying me. The cam is connected to the PC through firewire1395. I have entered all the cam name, connection port and the serial number of the cam shown in MAX correctly, but still I get the error. What is the active x mean? the cam shows up under Imaqdq in MAX devices and interface, but in the labview examples, eventhough if i enter al the parameters, its showing error. And where should I click connect in active x?

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 86
(3,964 Views)
Labview communicates with the camera with help of an active x component. The active x component is installed and registred together with the thermoviosion toolkit. Normally this component is encapsulated in the toolkit, so you can't see it. By open one of the installed examples you will see the actual active x control and use it "outside" the toolkit. The purpose of this test is to see if there is anything wrong with the active x component.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 86
(3,962 Views)

sorry, I could not get you clearly. I opened the thermovision examples installed in the labview folder and I could not find the active x control. If i open anyone example it opens the front panel of it.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 86
(3,957 Views)