Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add templates to a smartcam?

I'm working on a project where I use a NI smartcam (NI 1744) to check if led segments are functional or not.

The VI will have to run from the smartcam itself, but there's where the problem starts.

I started a project, added the smartcam. Added a vi on the smartcam. I'm able to run and compile the program w/o any problem.

I'm using Vision assistant to take care of the vision part. In that process I use some templates to compare them with the current image.

When I close the vision assistant I get an error message, saying I have to add the template files (I think) to the camera software. I tried this in several ways but none of them seem to work

If I run this in vision assistant it works w/o problem, but when I convert it to the vi and run it from the smartcam. The number of matches always stays on 0. So I'm still able to run the application just the template files seem to be missing.

I added the error message in an attachment. So I'm searching for a way to add the template files on the smartcam

Message 1 of 3
(2,610 Views)

Dear Sepheriod,

thank you for your post on our webforum. Which version of Labview and which vision development module are you using? Did you try to reinstall the software on the smartcamera?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,572 Views)

Labview 2010 SP1

Vision Module 2010 SP1

And yes I tried that a few times. Not sure where's the problem

Couldn't fix this problem, therefor I tried another way to count the segments w/o using templates.

This worked out fine, so this problem is not so urgent for me anymore.

But still I wasn't able to run a vision application with templates from the smartcam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,569 Views)