From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Call OpenVINO directly from LabVIEW

OpenVINO evolves rapidly, however, LabVIEW can not catch up with it.

I failed to call OpenVINO C++ API from LabVIEW directly, Since I don't know to how handle the memory management from intelligent pointer of OpenVINO in LabVIEW.

Is anyone can help me to work out the method how to call OpenVINO directly from LabVIEW?

Thank you very much in advance!

Alex Zhagn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,371 Views)

@AlexZhang wrote:

I failed to call OpenVINO C++ API from LabVIEW directly

An easiest way is to develop simple wrapper DLL which should have plain C interface and where you will wrap the calls in a C-interface from C++ API provided by Intel. This is usual way to call C++ libraries from LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,326 Views)

Hi, Andrey:

Thank you@Andrey_Dmitriev very much for your suggestion!~

I did the 1st step to develop a simple wrapper dll as you said, that is to encapsulate the class into struct.

However, it failed.

The attachment is the Visual studio project to make the wrapper, Would you please help me to fix the problem?

Before build the project, you should install the OpenVINO firstly.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

Then create 2 environment variable:

1,INF_DIR = "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.148\deployment_tools\inference_engine"

2,OPENCV_DIR = "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.148\opencv"

1.png

Thank you very much again!~

Alex

Message 3 of 3
(2,279 Views)