From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I trigger an external device with the FG card when an image is captured?

If you want to trigger externally,  you need to put the camera in that mode, via software (in your case) or dipswitches in other cases. If you have the Camera Link Extension board, you can get access to a variety of other signals that you can drive with Trigger Drive VI in LabVIEW, for instance.

If you want to send the trigger through the FG out to the camera, you need to have something like the screenshot below in MAX when you're configuring it. This way you can have the signals coming into the inputs of the Camera Link board automatically route over the Camera Control lines to the camera. Just ensure you have the Camera Control line that your camera looks to for triggering and you should be fine.

cameralines.png

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
Message 11 of 13
(1,091 Views)

I have a similar problem , I use pcie1430 and a silicon imagign 1300MH camera , 

I want to trigger eath image continuously , the CC1 is said to trigger image capture. but the camera itself has a trigger line, which one should be  use?

in the camera file the cc1 can be changed to external or RTSI or ISO, what is ISO mean ? is  external the TTL signal from the SMB chanel on the frame grab.

we have not a RTSI Cable ,if we want to trigger each image contnuously ,what we should do . thank you .

I made a camera file with camera file generator , it give a frame rate 301 fps. but in  MAX with the same camera file  the frame rate is about 296fps ,why ?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(749 Views)
I have a similar problem , I use pcie1430 and a silicon imagign 1300MH camera , I want to trigger eath image continuously , the CC1 is said to trigger image capture. but the camera itself has a trigger line, which one should be use? in the camera file the cc1 can be changed to external or RTSI or ISO, what is ISO mean ? is external the TTL signal from the SMB chanel on the frame grab. we have not a RTSI Cable ,if we want to trigger each image contnuously ,what we should do . thank you . I made a camera file with camera file generator , it give a frame rate 301 fps. but in MAX with the same camera file the frame rate is about 296fps ,why ?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(749 Views)