Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I attach two images taken from a Basler Racer Line Scan using Vision Builder AI?

On the production line, the image of the profile of a band saw is taken by the Basler Racer camera. When it takes the image using line scan, it will scan the whole length of the but will split the image into two images. I would like to know if there is a way to attach the two photos so that it is a continuous band saw using Vision Builder AI.

Originally I use VBAI to look at each separate image and take the data of the profile on at a time. Then I tried to use LabVIEW to combine the two images by creating two arrays of the images based on the pixel location then add the two arrays to create a single image and then called the .vi from VBAI to output the image. This would work but sometimes one of the images from the Basler camera would not go through which would cause an error and not output any image.

If there is a simpler way to combine the two images using VBAI or even LabVIEW I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,760 Views)

Hello,

I don't quite understand your statement "When it takes the image using line scan, it will scan the whole length of the but will split the image into two images." The racer returns only one image. Are you saying it takes 2 consecutive images to scan your band saw?

Can you specify a higher number of lines to acquire so that the band saw fits in one image? That would be the easiest way to achieve what you want to do.

The answer to your initial question is that there is no built-in function to stitch 2 images together. To do that, you will need to use a Run LabVIEW step.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,749 Views)

There is not currently an easier way to do this in VBAI. Please provide your sample images (two separate images and combined image) and VI to illustrate what you are trying to do so we can see if the VI can be simplified. It also wasn't clear what causes the acquisition error. Can you provide more details on why the camera misses images and causes errors.

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,748 Views)