Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Get LCD ROI VI

Hey guys, this is my first time posting in the forum, so sorry in advance if I am doing something wrong.

The objective of my program is the following:

Given an image of a multimeter with all seven segments on, find the ROI of all individual digits so I can pass to the IMAQ Read LCD.

Some things you should know:

• The program will run in different images of multimeters.
  • The multimeter with all 7 segments on will not be in a fixed position.
  • After the 7 segments image the following images will be in the same position.
  • I know I can draw the ROI to pass to the IMAQ Get LCD ROI VI but the objective is that the program can detect the ROI alone. Ideally I want to pass a constant big rectangle ROI that I know all digits of the multimeter will be. (see attacheds images).

Problems Found:

• When passing a big photo like the one attached LabVIEW just crashes when using IMAQ Get LCD ROI VI. (Using a smaller images works)
  • The ROI I need to pass to the IMAQ Get LCD ROI VI needs to fit very well in the digits so it can work.
  • When the ROI passed to the IMAQ Get LCD ROI VI is not well fit it returns a error saying it's not a valid lcd image or ROI.

Is there a way to find the ROI Automatically to pass to the IMAQ Get LCD ROI VI ?

I have attached the images and the code,

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,356 Views)

Hey lukasab,

Check this example and see if fits your needs.

Cheers,

Felipe Flores
Applications Engineer II
National Instruments Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,306 Views)

That doesn't help me, but thanks anyway. The problem is finding the screen ROI from the multimeter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,263 Views)