Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help and suggestion are needed for objects recognization

hi,

My problem here in another word is how to recognize and trace the object interested. The objects needed to be recognized are fibers but only single straight-like fiber is interested and multiple, culing, twisting fibers are not interested. Present I can effectively move the fibers to a position desired but I need to implement an algorithm to feedback the position of the fiber being traced. The system device I focus on is being contructed and I have collected some images shown as attachments. Images from 1 to 9 show fibers in first position zone and its imaging background should be the same each other after finalizing(now they are tiny different because I have to tune the positions of the camera and l
ighting sources case by case). Image 10.jpg shows the second position to be observed and there are some constant movable objects, and also some zones in second position are not good for imaging. The best lighting may be as the case of image 10. Tracing zones are first and second positions with the same movable CCD camera.

I have successfully made a VI to filter out a single fiber shown as 1.jpg and known the positions of its both ending, it's no problem for me to solve in this similar cases. But with this same VI, I also filtered out multiple, curling and blocking fibers shown as 2 to 8.jpg and I don't know how to clarify them to be not interested. Key idea in my vi is to compare new image with an image which has been defined as background(subtraction each other). I can filter out the longest one among multiple fibers in which fibers are not toucned each other.

Any suggestions are highly apprecitated because it's quite urgent for me to finalizing the device. I am using Labview 6,
IMAQ vision and IMAQ Vision Builder 6.0.

Best wishes to you for newly 2003!

Swedlin
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,841 Views)