Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hamamatsu Video capture library : read dcimg not working

I have a Hamamatsu ORCA Flash4 camera, and I would like to use labview to control it.  I installed the drivers and the library, and it works to take and save images.

The resulting images (using the tm450_dcimgrecorder sample)  can be opened using HCimage. However, I need to open multiple (hundreds) of dcimg files, so i would like a code that does it for me and saves images in a tiff format. To do so i would like to use the tm460_dcimgreader sample. however, it does not work, I get the following error: TMERR_INVALIDPARAM - The selected parameter ID is not valid for  at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\user.lib\Hamamatsu Video Capture\dcimg\tm_getdcimgframe_40.vi, CODE -2147481592.
Could you help me solve this issue ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,774 Views)

I have the same problem too

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,705 Views)

Where did you get the library from?

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,673 Views)

Hello. My read dcimg labview file isn't working either. Has anyone found the bug?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,585 Views)

Are you getting the same error as the original poster?

If so, it appears that camera has its own library based on the user.lib directory.

This often happens when "cameras" as just sensors and don't follow vision standards.  At that point, the manufacturer creates a dll based API to give you control of the device.  That can easily be turned into a library of wrapper VIs and used in LabVIEW. 

The problem you have here is the solution requires access to both the camera and the library for testing.  To this point, nobody has shared the source of the library so that anyone else can take a look at the API and offer suggestions.  Without some information about your setup, code, and errors seen, it'll be very difficult to give you any meaningful help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,568 Views)

Hi,

Who is able to share the Library please?

Best

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,568 Views)

Hi,

just for those who will be interested in controlling Hamamatsu cameras with LabVIEW.

Here are the two zip files to download and install.

Best regards.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,556 Views)