Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GigE VIsion Camera IP and Port setting in multicast mode (IMAQdx)

GigE VIsion Camera IP and Port setting in multicast mode (IMAQdx)

Hello, Everybody

I have NI-IMAQdx 3.5.0 , and I have Basler Camera (scA640-74gc) with GigE Vision Interface.

I run that camera in my computer as controller (Multicasting mode) with IP (239.192.0.1)

I detected that camera in another computer (to run it as listener) by LbVIEW .

my problem is

I run the Pylon Viewer from Basler (Monitor mode) after I detected that camera.
it was run successfully (I look to details of that camera it have same IP 239.192.0.1 and the port changed every time when i stop running in controller computer)

from where i can set fixed Port  in multicasting mode??????

When I use Pylon Viewer in controlled computer and set the mode to multicast
I should set IP and port , then in listener computer I run Pylone Viewer (monitor mode) I saw same IP and same port which i set it in controller

I need a way in LabVIEW to set Port Number in multicasting mode...How I can do that

Best Regard
Alzhrani

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,436 Views)

Hi Alzhrani,

There is currently no way in IMAQdx to fix a specific UDP port used for multicasting. Since the listeners/monitors can query the port number from the camera, IMAQdx always queries this directly rather than assuming it is at a fixed value.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,431 Views)

Thankyou Eric

I have no problems if my programes based in LabVIEW (IMAQdx) in both computers (Controllers and Listener)

but when I built a program based in LabVIEW in controller computer and in other computer (Listener) based in C++ ,

How may I know the multicasing port in listener?

Best wishes
Alzhrani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,418 Views)

Hi Alzhrani,

Unfortunately it is a bit more complicated because you would have to use the GVCP protocol and do a register read of a specific register on the camera that stores the multicast UDP port (that IMAQdx programs from the controller). However, this likely requires access to the GigE Vision specification in order to be able to format the messages correctly.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,415 Views)