From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating differential TTL for ISG Firewire Line Scan Camera

I have a ISG 1394 firewire line scan camera that I want to use in line scan mode.  I understand that I need to use a differential TTL pulse, to convert the traditional 5V TTL pulse to differential TTL I am to use the circut listed in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6033

I have a TI sn65hvd3082e IC with the logic diagram attached.  My understanding is I send the 5V ttl into pin D, then the differential TTL comes out on pins A and B.  This doesn't seem to work.  How can I wire this up and what would a differential TTL look like on an oscilloscope.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,752 Views)

Hi aricks,

How do you know that "This doesn't seem to work"?  How are you currently measuring the signal.

All a differential TTL signal means is that if the difference between pins A and B is 5 V, it registers as a high, and if it's around 0 V, it registers as a low.

You should be able to measure this with an oscilloscope by simply setting the oscilloscope up for a differential measurements and measuring across pins A and B.

Have a great day,

Chris V

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,744 Views)

Apologies for my ignorance, what you described is what I was doing.  Do I need to power the IC?  The diagram from the NI website just shows a ttl and inverting and non-inverting buffers, which I tried and couldn't get 5V accross a and b with a 5v ttl in.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,742 Views)

Yes, you must power the IC.  You need to also add a bypass capacitor.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,734 Views)