Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate triggers from frame grabber PCIe 1427

I am using a PCIe 1427 frame grabber to capture images from a linear CCD camera. 

In the MEA, I can the synchromization  to "Free Run" and the "signal levels" panel as that in the below figure. The card has a 15 pin D-SUB connector and I connected a signal cable to the pin 1 and 9 in order to reach the External Trigger 0. However, I did not see the trigger TTL signal output.

I am wondering if we can set a trigger from the frame grabber (or the CCD camera) for the purpose of synchronization. Or do we have to set an external trigger which is used to trigger the camera and other devices for synchronization?

To choose the "Free Run" is only to achieve the maximum imaging speed of the camera.
Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,364 Views)

You must use IMAQ trigger route to route trigger from one line to another.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,352 Views)

Hi, Kate,

Thanks a lot!

I am wondering if it is possible to set the trigger from the frame grabber in the IMAQ.

Do you have an example for that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,348 Views)

Hello Ling_Wang,

Where is your trigger signal coming from?

Is it an external trigger signal.

If yes, then you should be able to use the following method:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/38E46AE6989321EA8625799F0061832B?OpenDocument

If your trigger signal is coming from somewhere else, then please explain a bit more in detail how your complete system looks like.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,337 Views)

Hi, Thierry

Thanks a lot! Yes, I understand to trigger the camera using an external source.

however, I prefer to use the inner trigger from the frame grabber (or the camera), so that I can set the camera to run with the highest speed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,335 Views)

Hey,

I think this is the document you're looking for:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4FC0695C6489E11C8625716A0024AF4D?OpenDocument

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,332 Views)