From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find circle VI error (IMAQ Vision: Invalid image type.)

I am reading gray 14 or 16 bit images with a ccd. I want to find circles in those images. i am using the vi find circle but i got the same proble every time: "IMAQ Vision:  Invalid image type.". i am thresholding my image before because i though the problem was that it was not a binary image but even with the threshold the error is the same. There is any special characteristic with the threshold that I do not know or something ????. I also try with the other VIs that use binary images and they dont work neither but when i use other VIs that do not need a binary image they work (IMAQ EdgeDetection). This is why I guess that the problem is the threshold VI. That is not giving a binary image.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,141 Views)

IMAQ Find Circles only works on U8 images. Cast the resulting binary image to U8 prior to calling IMAQ Find Circle and it should work.

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,138 Views)

yes but if i do that now the error is: IMAQ Vision:  The image is not large enough for the operation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,136 Views)

the part of the vi looks like this:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,135 Views)

I tried your code and it worked without any problems in LV 2010.

Can you attach a sample image you are using?

Regards,

Georg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,129 Views)