cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Particles based on multiple conditions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have a general concept that I want to include in my labview VI but I don't see how / if it is possible. I am using all labview Vision VI's in my program. Basically, I want to filter out particles with holes in them only if the particle diameter is less than 30 pixels. If the particle has a diameter greater than 30 pixels, the particle will not be filtered out regardless of number of holes. I don't see how this can be done with the basic Particle Filter VI. So essentially I can't do the filtering seperately as they are dependent on each other. Please let me know if you have suggestions. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,632 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author carolinestephens

You can do it.  Set your criteria to diameter < 30 AND num holes > 0, then remove particles that satisfy both conditions.

Alternately, the conditions could be diameter > 30 OR num holes = 0, then keep particles that satisfy either condition.

I don't remember exactly how to combine the include/exclude and keep/remove, but you should be able to figure it out with a little testing.  Create a test image with all four possible combinations, and see what is kept or removed.  You can test it in Vision Assistant quite easily.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 2
(1,624 Views)