Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet switch and GigE camera

Just get a four port GigE card, and plug one camera into each port.  You will get full speed from all four cameras.

Ahh, the CVS doesn't use PCIe cards.  You could get the IC-3173 instead, but the price is almost double.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 11 of 15
(1,077 Views)

The Tattile M100 controller recommended above seems quite appropriate to my application, since it allows more cameras to be plugged in if needed and features internal storage. I think those CVS and IC might be oversized in terms of capabilities for what I need to do (simple image recording and text overlay with barely any image processing at all).

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,064 Views)
the reason that i ask you about the speed of FPS that you need is relate about that with this method we reduce speed also i could claim we increase noise and reduce SNR in images so you have to check that if this method do not reduce your imaging speed and quality lower than what you need it. if not it is exactly what you want
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,059 Views)

You need to get consultation from the 10 gige camera experts. As it may lead to any kind of disaster. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(555 Views)

I was just reviewing recently the USB 3.0 and GigE camera selection for our new camera (Basler).

I learn from Basler and Teledyne Dalsa) that GigE maximum rate for 2MPixel camera that you are planning to use is about 40 FPS to 50 FPS.

Teledyne Dalsa has solution that can take you to 80 FPS - 90 FPS with special driver that does lossless compression. But this driver can't be used with NI hardware / software. Only with Dalsa camera and Saphira driver / software.

I would think that your CVS-1458 at 50 FPS per port is at the maximum capacity of the GigE.

Connecting switch will probably doesn't help you. You will hit the limit on the GigE port on the CVS-1458.

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(548 Views)