From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xBFF60171 no power over Camera Link-- but it used to work!

I am using a PCIe-1433 frame grabber and a Basler acA2040-180kmNIR camera. Things have worked exactly as they are for over a year for me, but after a few weeks not using it I am now suddenly having issues powering the camera over Camera Link.

If I try to grab in NI MAX I get either

"Error 0xBFF60171 The Power Over CameraLink cicuitry is unable to provide power and the device cannot detect a recognizable video source"

or 

"Error 0xBFF6001F Cannot detect recognizable video source"

The POCL does indeed appear to be set to "on" so I'm having a different issue than past posters reporting these errors. The indicator LED on the camera does not turn on, consistent with a lack of power. An indicator LED on the PCI board is on, seemingly indicating that there is power to the board.

Any thoughts? Did my camera suddenly break?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,622 Views)

On the base connector, pins 1 and 26 should be +12 V and pins 13 and 14 should be ground. You could try probing those lines to verify whether the card is successfully supplying power. If it is, the problem must be with that specific camera.

If you're unsure of the connector pinouts, you can find them here:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374001b.pdf

Also, if you have an alternate camera lying around you could also swap that one in to check whether the issue is on the camera or frame grabber.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,558 Views)

My 2 cents:

I am working on NI PCIe-1473R. It is the same like the NI PCIe-1433 but it is programmable on the FPGA.

I was told by NI that the FPGA code on the card should run something (I am not using this) if I want power over camera link to work.

For the NI PCIe-1433 this code is part of the IMAQ driver.

Did you upgrade NI IMAQ recently?

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,551 Views)

After sending to Graftek (who sold us the camera) engineers, it's been confirmed that the camera is broken.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,511 Views)