cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xBFF6001F when using Basler acA2000-340km and NI PCIe-1433

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am using a Basler acA2000-340km camera and NI PCIe-1433 to acquire images. I couldn’t get any image using snap or a grab.

I downloaded the camera file from the Industrial Camera Advisor website and then selected it in NI-IMAQ devices. But after connecting the camera, I still could not make a snap or a grab in MAX. It gave me "Error 0xBFF6001F : Cannot detect recognizable video source."

Capture.JPG

I don't know what’s wrong. I am using a National Instruments 199745A-05 PoCL MDR to SDR 5M cable. I connected the camera link with port 0 on PCIe-1433 to the Base port of the camera. The green LED on the back of the camera turned on but still couldn’t capture any images. 

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Do you have any other software avaiable that you can use to test the acquisition with the camera, or perhaps another camera, the idea with this would be to see if we can narrow down this to either the camera or the software.

Aside from that have you tried instead of acquiring an image using the 'Test Image' from the camera, which should be an option in the Acquisition Parameters.

I'm also not certain if thsi would be the same camera files, but it would be a good idea to test the one found on the following site.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/nipc.product?pid=10994&asid=1102

Let us know about any updates.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,784 Views)

Hi,

I downloaded the camera file from the same site. I also used 'Test image' but still it didn't work. We have another camera (Goodrich (LDH2, 92kHz linescan camera)), which actually works pretty well with NI software.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author frzsumi

Do you just have the base port connected? If so, you should switch to the base only version of the camera file: Basler acA2000-340km (Base). It might not be possible to acquire with the settings that are default in the non-Base version of the camera file.

-Katie

Edit: Just in case you don't have it on disk, I attached it here. It was giving me errors about a content mismatch type with the file extension, so I had to change it to .txt. Change it back to .icd to use it, and put it in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQ\Data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,774 Views)

The camera is working now. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Farzana

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,767 Views)