Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does vision acquisition work with evaluation license?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently using an evaluation version of Labview Pro 2018 (currently the 7-day default evaulation, not yet extended.)  Using the NI package manager, I installed NI-IMAQdx and the Vision Development Module (I don't think I should need the latter in any case).  They both show as installed in the package manager, and show up listed as Evaluation with 7 days remaining in the license manager.

Things are working at some level because I can get images off my camera using MAX. But in Labview itself, there is nothing in the Vision and Motion tree, and when I try to open a VI with IMAQ subVIs it can't find them.  I have the same issue with DAQmx.

Is this a problem for the evaluation versions, or with Labview 2018, or is there a secret handshake I need to perform? I'm not very inclined to shell out several $k for software when the evaluation doesn't even work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thegreatemu

The Vision VIs should work fine during the evaluation period. Did you make sure to install IMAQdx 18.0? That is the only version that has LabVIEW 2018 support. You can also download and install it from here.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,152 Views)

The version "installed" by the NI package manager is 2018. 

Downloading and installing the files manually now seems to have done the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,147 Views)