From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying an image stream in multiple locations

Hi All,

I have a program where I am acquiring three GigE HD camera streams. The acquire takes place in 3 asynchronously launched VI's which i then display on the front panel using sub-panels. These images display perfectly, at the 30FPS they are acquired at.

I am required to display the image in two other locations in addition to the sub-panels. Using my current approach, the frame rate in these two locations is much slower than the sub-panel frame rate.  I'd estimate either half or less than half of the frame rate of the sub-panel.

My approach is attached in LV16. The top level file is: "GUI_FullScreenV2".

The basic idea is that I create three new images in each secondary display location. Then using IMAQ Copy, I copy the image from the sub-panel to the locally generated image.

Could IMAQ Copy just be slow, which is causing this frame rate issue? If so, is there a better solution to this?

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,365 Views)
use producer consumer method in your vis in this case you can show them slower in some loop and show them faster in an other
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,288 Views)

I am not so sure what you are trying to do.

But it is more efficient to use one display buffer for display all the three images.

I will copy to another buffer only if I want to do processing on the other buffers.

If you want to do processing then you copy the buffer when the processing is finished.

Amit Shachaf
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,271 Views)