Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display passed or failed images only in custom UI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have built a custom user interface for my VBAI 2010 project that displays 2 images from 2 different cameras.  I want to have the "view" menu available for an operator to select between all images, only passed, only failed, etc.  This view menu is there using the default user interface, but when I build a custom one from one of the templates, this option is no longer available.  How can I get the view menu to appear?  If I can't, is there a good work around for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,983 Views)

You will need to have your own control for View in the custom UI and based on the user selected value of this pull down, you can either:

1 - use this value along with the pass/fail status in a Calculator step to determine which state to go to using different transitions in your state diagram. The different states will have Update Inspection UI steps that either update or not update the image displays.

2 - Use temporary image displays that are not visible, but updated by the step, and have code behind the Custom UI step that either copies these temp images to the actual display image that's visible or not based on the View control's value. I would recommend this option since it makes the state diagram much simplier. Here's a sample of how that would work. 

Hope that helps,

Brad

Message 2 of 6
(2,981 Views)

I'm pursuing your second option and am confused when you say "have code behind the Custom UI step that either copies these temp images to the actual display image that's visible or not based on the View control's value".  I'm new to VBAI and I undertsand the concept of what you are doing here, but where does this "code" exist?  I can't seem to find it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,978 Views)

The Custom UI is a LabVIEW VI and we only show the front panel for the UI in VBAI, but there is code behind the UI in what is called the block diagram of the VI. If you have LV 2010 installed, you can open the VI I included to see the code in the block diagram. To use the second approach, you will need LV 2010 so you can tweak the logic of the block diagram if needed.

Message 4 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Is labview another piece of licensed software? 

Is it possible that you could edit the example you sent me to include a 4th option to display no images at all?  If so, I would be extremely greatful as I could then use that for my application.  I am currently in the field at one of my customer's facilities and don't have the time to download, install, and learn labview right now.

I am extremely greatful either way for all the help offered by you and other members on these message boards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,963 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fergy2004

Here's the modified VI with an additional option to not update any displays.

If you're going to be making advanced Custom UIs like this, you should definitely check out LabVIEW. You can even install it for evaluation to try it out...later when you're not at the customer site 😆

Hope this helps,

Brad

Message 6 of 6
(2,961 Views)