Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirectShow compatible USB cameras

I need to find a USB camera for use with the IMAQ for USB software.  I having difficulty getting DirectShow compatibility information from USB webcam manufacturers (Logitech, Creative, etc).  I'm trying to find out specifically what models of camera are DirectShow compatible.  Is this an issue where almost all are compatible, and they don't bother to advertise it, or am I missing something obvious?  Thanks for any help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(17,387 Views)

Hello
I guess most, if not all, usb webcams are directshow compatibles.

Positive, logitech quickcam 4000 pro is compatible. logitech 5000 pro , hercules webcam classic and deluxe are comp, too.
Logitech ones perform better than hercules webcams, at least in my application.

Hope it helps

Alipio
---------------------------------------------------------
"Qod natura non dat, Salmantica non praestat"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(17,381 Views)
I finally got a response from Creative: "In regards to your question all of our webcams should be compatible with Directshow."  Except for the word "should", it appears that current model webcams, at least from Creative, are DiretShow Compatible,  Never got an email reponse from Logitech, but when I telephoned their "Customer Support", and after I had to explain to them what DirectShow was, they said they though none of theirs was compatible.(!?!?!?)  I'm 99% sure this is a case of their "technical support" people having no knowledge of the subject.  Despite that, I'll probably get the Logitech 5000 Pro you recommend.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(17,333 Views)
logitech´s support is wrong. My logitech pro 4000 is running right now under imaq for usb, vision and labview.
I can adquire both video and audio. Picture quality is quite good for a webcam. 5000 is better, but  it does not run in my old pc ( a pIII 500 Mhz) and 4000 does. 5000 runs fine in my new pc (piv 3 G).

Besides that, both of then run fine under "willing webcam" software using wdm driver or directx.

Cheers
Alipio

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(17,329 Views)

Can you please specify how you are applying your camera? What do you use it for? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(12,837 Views)

Hi Chica.

As you can see, the post is 5 years old.

Nowadays, I do not  use webcams. Proyects are quite old.

Should yo be interested, I can check documentation.

Saludos.

Alipio.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(12,830 Views)