Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with the Vision Assistant 2009

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello.  When I try to run the Vision Assistant it says my screen resolution is wrong and after I click o.k. it just closes.  My screen resolution is 1920x1080, so it should be fine?  I am using Windows 7 64 bit version.  I asked NI support and they just sent the following link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/41EB3AA9B4F9BE2D8625719D0051A2B0?OpenDocument.  Since my computer is new and the screen resolution is higher than the min I don't understand the problem?  I also turned on the auto hide the taskbar and changed my screen resolution to 1024x768 and it still gives me the error?  I don't understand why I can't run a program when my screen resolution is MORE than the min resolution?  Is this program that crippled that it can't work with a higher reslution?  Is there a work around I can use that will work.  As I said before, I am using the 64 bit version of Labview 2009 under Windows 7 if that helps.  Thank you.

Kevin 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,721 Views)
Have you also tried closing the ms office toolbar?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,711 Views)
Thanks Muks.  I am not sure what the MS office toolbar is or how to turn it off? 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kbaker

The windows magnifier tool is known to cause issues with the Vision Assistant.  Could you please ensure that this is turned off?  Instructions are linked here

Regards,

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,688 Views)

Thanks Marti.  I finally found the problem.  I had the magnifier off, but the icon display needed to be at medium before it was on larger.  I am attaching a screenshot in case someone else has the problem.  Thanks again.

Kevin

Message 5 of 5
(3,681 Views)