Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dalsa X76 LVDS frame grabber

Hi,

I am using a Dalsa X76 LVDS PCI frame grabber and was wondering whether or not NI supports this board with their Vision software.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,513 Views)

You will need to figure out how to get the images into NI Vision.  After that, an image is an image and the tools will work fine.

Dalsa may have LabVIEW drivers for their board, but more likely you will have to use an ActiveX or dll interface to retrieve an image, then manually convert the image data to the Vision image format.  It isn't too difficult, but you won't get the same live frame rates as you would with NI framegrabbers due to the time required for conversion of each image.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,506 Views)
Thanks for the quick response.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,472 Views)
Hello rrojas1979,

I would just like to expand on Bruce's comment about converting the image data to the Vision image format.  You may be able to capture image data in the form of an array using your Dalsa X76 LVDS frame grabber.  If so, you could then use the IMAQ ArraytoImage function to yield an image compatible with NI Vision.

Best Regards,
Travis M.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,443 Views)

Is there a way to create a imaqdx driver from something such as a made up array. If I can do that the next step would be to grab it from the DALSA driver.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,705 Views)