cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 2d Gray color image into 3d x,y,z graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello:

I am new to LabView and Boss ask me to turn a gray color image file into 3d graph

Do LabView have tools to do so?

I have attach sample photo image I get from internet and how the x,y,z graph will look like.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,040 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DavidW2022

Not fully understand what " gray color image " means, but it seems to be that you can convert Color image to Gray using IMAQ ExtractSingleColor Plane (using Intensity or Luminancy of your choice), then convert Image to Array using IMAQ ImageToArrray and finally show in 3D using 3D Survace.vi. That is all. You will not get exactly the same appearance as shown on your screenshot , but very close to.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,026 Views)

@Andrey_Dmitriev wrote:

Not fully understand what " gray color image " means, but it seems to be that you can convert Color image to Gray using IMAQ ExtractSingleColor Plane (using Intensity or Luminancy of your choice), then convert Image to Array using IMAQ ImageToArrray and finally show in 3D using 3D Survace.vi. That is all. You will not get exactly the same appearance as shown on your screenshot , but very close to.

like this but without imaq blocks:

alexderjuengere_0-1663850973863.png

it is worth mentioning, the 3d Surface plot does allow user-defined color ramps, which can be retrieved from the original 2d image:

Spoiler
2dto3d.png

preview:

alexderjuengere_1-1663853585224.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,016 Views)