From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the NI SMART CAMERA I/O

My team and I are having a problem. We have an NI 1742 Smart Camera, We are unable to turn on the Iso 0 and 1 outputs as seen in the youtube video.We are able to control the LED pass and Fail Lights on the camera however we are not able to control the outputs. What we did in the VBAI software, in the inspection steps:communicate section. Read/Write I?O (NI-IMAQ I/O) and we set the Output pins to high and then when tested we get no voltage. However if we set the pass/fail leds light to high they would turn on. Anyone else have this problem or have another way of accessing them. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3_iptRIlw

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,717 Views)

If you have a sinking load, the power to the load needs to be connected to ISO Out + and the negative end of ISO Out - connects to the load. Read the documentation on page 2-5 of the user manual for information on how to connect different types of loads to the outputs of the smart camera:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372429b.pdf

Hope that helps,

Brad

Message 2 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hello Brad.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've also encountered this problem.

How would you trigger the inputs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Hey everyone I figured it out.. what to do....so i connected a buzzer to the outputs...it turned on a sound when the image processing fails. So the way these iso work is that they need a sinking or sourcing source.....these output pins works as relays...so for watever job you want to happen set it to high and it will complete a switch....the components i have connected are 3V battery pack and a buzzer all connected is series....so +output 1 to -side of batter pack...then batterypack +side to to buzzer then buzzer to -output1...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,689 Views)