From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous web inspection using Texture palette

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I'm working on a continuous non-woven inspection system. I was thinking of using Texture palette which seems to suit well for my application. However when reading Vision Concepts manual I found one phrase which confuses me a bit: 'Texture defect detection is not designed for continuous web or surface inspection applications.' Can anybody comment that? What could be the problem?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,057 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author endeavor

Solved. My first guess regarding the performance was correct. It takes about 100 ms to process one image of VGA resolution. Switching to Local Binary Patterns...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,040 Views)

Although I havent used the NI Texture palette I have done several continious web inspection systems using Labview and vision.

There are several things to keep in mind:

1.  Your web is continious so you will have to deal with analyzing sections of the web and use an overlap or carry over region to avoid borders of your sample

2.  Your algorithm should be fast most likely, often the web is moving fast and 100MB+ of data sometimes as much as 500+MB/second

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,038 Views)

Hi Paul,

thanks for your valuable comment!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,034 Views)