Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run Vision Builder AI on NI-3110RT ?

Dear Colleagues

I am planning to do some pre-sales experiments at my customer's site with Vision Builder AI running on an EVS-1463RT.

Currently I don't have an EVS here at the company but what I have is an NI-3110 and I am wondering if this could not be easily turned into an EVS by simply copying an appropriate image to the 3110's disk? 

Or is there any difference in hardware/BIOS between the EVS and the 3110 ??

In other words: I would like my industrial PC to appear in MAX as "EVS-1463RT" instead of as "3110RT"

Has anybody tried something like this before?

Many thanks

HU

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,841 Views)

Hi hurban,

the 3110 is a different device and cannot be used as a stand-in replacement for an EVS.

You could try to connect VBAI to an RT 3110 but if it doesn't show up in the list of potential targets, then it won't work.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,834 Views)

What exactly are you wanting to try out? There is a simulation mode where you can use the same steps that would be available on an EVS (this makes it easy to transfer this inspection to EVS when you have one). Are you trying to get benchmark numbers for performance on EVS, or test out hardware, or something else? If you're trying to test out HW, you can use a PCIe-1427 or PCIe-8255 in your host machine to get the same hw capabilities. Let us know what you want to do so we can see if there is a good way to accomplish it.

P.S. You will not be able to get Vision Builder AI to work with a 3110, so let's focus on other ways to accomplish what you want.

Thanks,

Brad   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,829 Views)