cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera specifications (VBAI and VDM)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,
Please i'm a little confused does the Vision builder for Automated Inspection and the Vision development Module can support a USB3 Camera or ethernet Camera ? or does it require just from the IEEE1394 cameras and GigE vision Cameras ?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arrouma

Hi Arrouma,

Vision Builder for Automated Inspection and Vision Development Module both include a license for Vision Acquisition Software. Vision Acquisition Software is driver software for acquiring images, and includes support for analog, parallel digital, Camera Link, NI Smart Cameras, GigE Vision, IEEE 1394, IP (Ethernet), USB webcam (DirectShow on Windows/UVC on Linux), and USB3 Vision cameras. For more information on Vision Acquisition Software, see http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12892. But to directly answer your question, yes - both of those software packages can support USB3 cameras and ethernet cameras.

I noticed on the website for Vision Builder AI and Vision Development Module that we were missing some of that information on which cameras are supported. I'll look into getting that updated -- sorry for the confusion.

Katie

Message 2 of 3
(2,527 Views)

Thank you sir for Clarifying 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,521 Views)