From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera acquiring pictures with only half of its possible frequency when using external trigger

My camera CM-030PMCL-RH from JAI can operate with 120 fps with external trigger according to the data sheet.

I am using the NI PCIe-1430 as a frame grabber. When using continuous acquisition the also in the data sheet for continuous acquisition specified 120 fps are reached. In the NI Vision Acquisition Express inside Labview I defined 'Finite Acquisition with post processing' as the Acquisition Type. When now connecting a frequency generator with 120 Hz to the external Trigger of the PCIe-1430 after setting the acquisition to stop (and go into post processing) after 240 pictures, it takes the acquisition 4 seconds to stop, yielding 60 fps as maximum trigger input. The 60 fps are fixed, even if going e.g. to 1 kHz external trigger frequency.

There is no Camera File for my camera, so I had to make my own one. Just in Case this could be relevant.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(889 Views)