From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM15A X10 with Iphone x10 commander app

I've had a cm15a for probably 7 years and use it with an Iphone app called x10 commander. This lets you use an iphone to control your devices with the cm15a plugged into your computer. 

This has worked out great for years, 7 years. Now, every few hours it stops working and commands don't work, unless I unplug the cm15a out of the outlet and wait a bit and try it again. When I do that, all the commands that I tried to use from the iphone will happen afterwards (like it stored the command I pressed on the iphone in memory somehow, which then makes a lot of stuff turn off and on later) It's gotten worse over time and didn't just instantly start doing this. But now I can only go 3-4 hours before it stops doing the commands. Ideas?

I was going to get a new cm15a but after reading a few posts, it seems that may not fix it. 

All I need installed for this to work was the host app, x-10 commander, on the pc, and the x-10 commander app on the iphone, which works over 3g or wifi. In task manager the only things I see are: X10commander.exe and X10nets.exe

Any advice is welcome as this is driving me insane. THe app also have it's on log file, but it doesn't show any errors for this type of problem it seems.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,014 Views)