From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing up the direct show property page with IMAQdx

Hi

I have a USB camera which I'm trying to use with LabVIEW 2011. The camera works perfectly well, and was very easy to control with Vision Express.

However, I wish to bring up the DirectShow property page that the camera provides, so that I can set the properties. Essentially, I need some sort of a property dialog, where I can control parameters like RGB gains, exposure time etc. NI IMAQ USB from LabVIEW 8.6 did have these features. However, I don't see them in IMAQdx. How would I do this with LabVIEW 2011 and IMAQdx 9.x?

TIA.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,502 Views)

Hello TIA,

You can access the camera attributes from within the Vision Acquisition Express as seen in the first picture attached.  You will find this VI in the functions palette by navigating to Vision and Motion>>Vision Express. 

You can also use the IMAQdx Property Node through the functions palette by navigating to Vision and Motion>>NI-IMAQdx.  The camera attributes from this property node can be seen second image attached.

There may also be a possiblity that you cannot access the camera attributes through LabVIEW or MAX depending on the manufacturer of the USB camera.  Please see this Knowledge Base article for more infomration

David A

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,494 Views)

Thanks for your response.

I understand I can set the properties in the acquisition page. But is there a way to show these properties to the user?

Like, with the IMAQ USB framework, there was a way to bring up the camera's "Direct Show property page" programmatically. I'd like to do something similar -- bring up the properties to the user programmatically, so that (s)he can set the properties during runtime.

Regards

Akarsh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,480 Views)

Hi Akarsh,

You may find it helpful to look at the code being generated by the assitant.  You'll notice in the second image from my previous post there is a large pink box that contains acquisition settings.  This is a string the Vision Acquisition Assitant generated after being configured.  You can access this code by configuring an Vision Acquisition Assitant, then right clicking it and selecting "Open Front Panel" as shown in the attached image.  This will allow you to view the code it has generated, including the acqusition properties it is sending to the camera.

David A

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,473 Views)