From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler ral4096-80km camera horizontal binning

Hi, I am trying to enable the horizontal binning for the Basler ral4096-80km camera. However, there's no such camera attribute found in NI-MAX.

Then I used the Python configuration tool to do it. Whenever I enabled the binning, the LED light of the camera starts to blinking.

I am not sure why this happened and I cannot figure it out from the user's manual. Could anyone help me out on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,743 Views)

If you enable horizontal binning, you only have half the usual pixels to work with.  If your acquisition is set up for usual number of pixels, it won't work.  You can't make the line length longer than 2048 pixels, in your case.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,736 Views)

Hi Bruce,

I actually noticed this and changed the width to be 2048. Still I cannot find the horizontal binning option in NI MAX camera attributes. And the same situation (blinking LED light) happened when I tried with Python configuration tool. Do you have any idea why it doesn't work? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,729 Views)

It may be an option that is not available with your configuration.  I really don't know.  The answer is probably buried in the manual somewhere.  I would look at the error section and figure out why the light is blinking.  That might point you in the right direction.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,726 Views)