From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler ace camera not implemented yet?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys!

I am using the new Basler Ace acA1300-30gc. I installed Vision Builder 2009 and latest device drivers (I got them on a NI seminar one week ago). When I open pylon viewer camera works fine, but when I try to run it in Measurement and automation explorer the program finds it, but it doesn't display the image. I get this error:

Imaq error
0xBF69008
Not implemented yet

Is it maybe that NI device drivers don't support the new camera yet? It is actually 6 months old, so I think there should be a solution already. Please help.

Thank you!

Matej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,516 Views)

Its not "a camera not implemented", but some property or attribute are not supported by VAS. GigE Vision is standard, and if camera and NI Vision meet this standard, then you will be able to get image. Theoretically you can get image from any GigE Vision compliant camera. At the start camera will tell to IMAQdx driver about all supported modes, attributes, parameters, etc (they stored in XML file). If you don't have deep experience with GigE Vision, I'll suggest to contact Basler and NI Service for technical support. Also you can try to use CameraValidator.exe utility (located in NI-IMAQdx\Utility folder for checking your camera. Also try to install latest VAS and be sure that National Instruments GigE Vision Driver is properly installed.

Andrey.

Message 2 of 6
(4,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mate47

Hi Matej,

I believe the only reason you would get that error message (sorry it is not more descriptive) is because the image Pixel Format you have selected is not implemented by IMAQdx. I think some of the color Ace cameras have a specific YUV color format that are not supported. You should be able to switch to a Bayer or a different YUV format, save it in Measurement and Automation Explorer, and be off acquiring.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,484 Views)

Please tell us the S/N for the camera.  Depending on when the camera was purchased, there may be a firmware update for the camera that will resolve the issue.

Robert Eastlund
Graftek Imaging, Inc.
Phone: (512) 416-1099 x101
Email: eastlund@graftek.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,477 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,466 Views)

Hej!

BlueCheese you were right! The problem was in  the selected imigae pixel format. 

Thank you very much!

Matej

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,453 Views)