From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basler GigE camera stopped being detectable after I installed IMAQdx (19.5)

Solved!
Go to solution

I regularly use Basler cameras, particularly the Pilot piA2400-17gm, in conjunction with LabVIEW, normally with no problems.

In this case I'm dealing with a GigE camera.

Yesterday I was installing on a new Windows 10 PC. I initially installed Pylon (version 6.1.1.19832) and connected the Pilot camera, and it worked fine.

I then installed the NI IMAQdx drivers (specifically the NI Vision Acquisition Software, version 19.5). After that the camera was undetectable either in Pylon or in LabVIEW / NI MAX.

We removed all the NI software and even re-installed Pylon, but we cannot connect with the camera.  We also tried reverting to a Windows restore point and that did not fix the problem either.

We tried the camera on an older computer and it is still working fine.

It seems something is messed up with the PCIe ethernet card and/or the associated drivers. The PCIe card itself isn't the greatest but it was working fine with the camera prior to installing IMAQdx.

I'm totally stumped at this point so any ideas are welcome!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,578 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author caleyjag

After a lot of troubleshooting, we discovered an IS guy within our company was remotely controlling the local firewalls on our PC and changing them while we were working on it. 

Issue resolved and nothing to see here!

Message 2 of 2
(1,540 Views)