From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Tracking

Hi everyone,

i've built a program to inspect electrical contacts, which runs fine. Now i would like to add a barcode reader, to automatically change the inspection programm.

For inspection i use a 12 megapixel camera, with a telecentric objectiv. The field of view is just 20 x20 mm. The barcode i would like to "scan" are about 40mm in length.

Is it possible to generate the barcode out of more images? I think about slowly shifting the barcode under the camera with object tracking.

Is there an easy way to deal with it? Because if it's difficult and needs a lot of time i will just buy a simple handheld barcode reader.

-Flo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,783 Views)

Have you tried the function 'IMAQ Read Barcode"?

There's are a few examples in the Example Finder under Toolkits and Modules -> Vision -> Barcodes. One of those examples might be close to what you're looking for and would be a good starting point.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,732 Views)

Thank you very much. It seems to be difficult to track the Barcode within different Images, so I am going to buy a handheld Barcode Reader.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,690 Views)

Hello

Try combining multiple images to one using any of the following methods

1. Convert Image to Array and append the images

2. Use IMAQ ImagetoImage.vi

Then you can use the barcode VI and try. Please attach one set of barcode images so that we can get an idea how it looks like.

Hope this helps

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,624 Views)