From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Starting VBAI with inspection in camera

Hi,

I want to auto start VBAI in the inspection screen but want the camera to auto start a specific inspection that is in the camera's memory.   I can get the gui to run from the cmd prompt without the splash screen with the following -

"Vision Builder.exe" \inspect \target 192.168.1.250 \nowelcomeonexit

Is there a way to select an inspection and start running it without manually having to select and start the process?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,791 Views)
If you're trying to have an inspection start running by default when the remote target boots, you can configure this by going to Configuration mode while connected to the target, and selecting Target>>Target Options and there's an option for Startup, where you can select an inspection to start running when the device boots up.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,789 Views)

Brad is correct on automatically running the inspection at startup.  If you have multiple inspections saved to the camera, you can also automatically choose which inspection to run using the Select Inspection state.

Complete the following steps to configure the Select Inspection:

• In the menu, select View»View Complete Inspection Setup.
  • In the state diagram editor, click Select Inspection.
  • Insert the step that you want to use to produce results used to select inspections (for example an I/O step.)
  • Insert and configure the Select Inspection Step.

Hope this helps!

Vision and Motion Enthusiast
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,779 Views)