Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays of LED verification with monochrome image

Hi all, 

I have a set of LED arrays ON and I need to find if all the LED's are glowing? I have few methods in my mind since I haven't done much image processing I thought of collecting some ideas here, 

Method 1: Comparing the sample image with golden image.

Method 2: Invert the image and find the number of circles or search for patterns.

Kindly comment if there is any better way of analysis.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,083 Views)
I done such protect before
select appropriate ROI for any led and just check intensity average inside this ROI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,057 Views)

Hi Hatef, 

Sure, but what if some of the other LEDs are OFF? This will not work out, right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,051 Views)

if you know the positions of led and just want find witch  leds are glowing  use this vi in bellow image
image.png

but if you want to find led itself you can use color pattern matching for this one 

Message 4 of 15
(3,047 Views)

Hello mini09 ( Smiley Indifferent),

Could you send/post some images?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,045 Views)

Please find the imageImage 1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,030 Views)

Thanks, Hatef, I'll work on the same and will update you if I have any difficulties.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,029 Views)

Both your ideas are a promising starting point. A few things you might want to consider.

1. Improved image quality - better focussing, less blurring if possible

2. Before you can do any particle analysis you will need to threshold the image. There are a number of different thresholding techniques that you can look at in NI Vision. 

3. Look at equalising the image intensity.

4. Because of blurring you may need erode the thresholded image to ensure that LEDs are not touching as this would give you an erroneous count.

Message 8 of 15
(3,021 Views)

Hi Simon, 

Thanks, I'll work on your feedback by adjusting the fixture and lens.

FYI, I'm using ND filters between the LED and lens to get clear picture of the LEDs.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,005 Views)

I had a quick look last night at trying to process your image. The problem I had was the tail off in intensity across the image. Another option - if you took a reference image with all LEDs on then you could subtract subsequent images from this and look for a remaining LED. However, if the intensity of the LEDs varies in time this might be a problem.

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,001 Views)