Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any lens distortion correction techniques that anybody has done with IMAQ vision and Labview?

Take a look at the new calibration vi's in LV 6. They should be able to apply the corrections you need. I think they can correct for radial distortion and perspective. I am not sure yet what the limitations are.

If these functions are not sufficient, you might want to take a look at my image mapping toolkit (www.ammonsengineering.com). Once you figure out the mapping, it can create an undistorted image from the original image.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,032 Views)
I have LV 6.0, IMAQ V2.2, IMAQ Vision 5.0.

I cannot find the above examples on calibration. Is it in a later IMAQ Vision package?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,032 Views)
Yes. It is a new feature in Vision 6.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,032 Views)
Yes, the new Calibration feature in IMAQ Vision 6 for LabVIEW will correct for both perspective distortion and nonlinear lens distortion.

After calibration information has been learned you have the option of applying the calibration directly to point to point measurements, or to correct the image for shape related measurements.

For more information, please check out the user's manual for Vision for LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/7aba4d4ed8d9fa958625663500505c98/fd6c94779e009ac28625698c005f71fd?OpenDocument

Thanks,
Ken Sun
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,032 Views)