Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone implemented Spatial Frequency Response (SFR) as in ISO12233 using LabVIEW?

I'm exploring the feasibility of implementing an imaging system self-check routine that's at least somewhat compliant with ISO 12233. Has anyone done this and if so are they willing to share some code? Does anyone know of any plug-ins?

(I know there are commercial packages like Quick MTF available but I'd rather do this in LabVIEW.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,565 Views)

I was able to find this forum post which provides a link to a resource for implementing ISO 12233 in LabVIEW. Other than this, I couldn't find a whole lot of documentation on using this standard in LabVIEW -- could you describe in more detail what you're trying to accomplish? 

1. When you say "system self-check", what steps would you like your code to execute?
  2. What software and hardware are you using? 
  3. What is your overall application?

Nick B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,541 Views)

Hi Nick, Appreciate the message and the link. Clearly people have been thinking about this for years, but still no LV solution.

To add more detail, we have a customer who wants us to go beyond the standard 'red rabbit' approach to verifying that an inspection system is working. (Makes sense to me because 'red rabbits' is a pretty poor technique, in my experience.) BTW, we're using LV2015 and GigE cameras to do surface flaw detection.

My thought was to measure system MTF periodically. Any change would tell us something is different - lens settings, camera position or lighting.

ISO 12233 describes a method, although it's perhaps more sophisticated than I need. My hope is to process a 'siemens star' image to produce a single number indicating system MTF. By retesting under supposedly identical conditions I'd be able to 'see' if anything had changed.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,528 Views)