Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amscope MU130 USB Camera not detected in NI-IMAQdx Devices list under NI-MAX

Hi all, I've been working on this problem for many days:

I have an Amscope MU130 USB camera and am trying to integrate it with Labview.  The camera is said to Directshow compatible and working beautifully under AMCap.  However, the camera is not detected correctly under NI-MAX environment.  The camera does shown under NI-IMAQdx Devices list at "cam0" interface.  But the camera is shown wrongly as "EXCCD00300KMA", instead the correct "UCMOS01300KPA".  Nor does it provide a drop-down list for me to select the right camera model.  In addition, I cannot modify its acquisition attibutes as well.  Does anyone know whether this camera can be controlled by NI-IMAQdx?  If not, is there anyway to control it in Labview environment?

Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,421 Views)

Hi Dohua, 

Are you able to acquire from it in MAX, even though it is showing up as the wrong camera? You may need to check to see if the correct driver is installed for it. IMAQdx only makes calls into DirectShow to get all of the camera attributes, which is populated by the manufacturer's driver. It may be worth contacting Amscope as well to see if they have used their camera with LabVIEW and have seen this kind of issue.

If the camera works in MAX, it will work in LabVIEW. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,409 Views)

Hi Nathanael,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the "wrong" camera shows in MAX, and actually this is the situation I was trying to descibe.

At the very first time, I installed ALL drivers that given from the vendor, and thought in MAX it should provide me a drop-down list to choose the right camera.   However it's weird that only one particular camera, such the one "EXCCD00300KMA" I said, would be taken and shown in MAX's IMAQdx Devices list, but didn't give me any other choices to change the camera type, which actually happens in AMCap.  Even I emptied camera's drivers' folder, uninstall camera's softwares, this "EXCCD00300KMA" still showed up on the list like a parasite and has never gone away.  But in this case, when click this device again, an error message shows "Error 0x8007007E  The scarab quardrant number is invalid".  So I believed MAX was trying to access the camera driver's folder but in vein.

I tried "Reset configuration Data" probably 100 times, but just with no luck.

Yesterday I removed ALL Labview software, yes, including Labview itself, and spent hours to reinstall everything, then open the MAX to check.  Unfortunately this stupid icon still showed up even I had not installed camera's driver yet.  ( I deleted .iid and .icd files everytime before I open MAX.)

I've emailed Amscoped as well, and haven't got anything back yet.  But they do claim thier camera is Directshow compatible and I also believe so, as it's working wiht AMCap beautifully.

I don't know if there is anyway to get rid of this wrong link or get it connected to the right camera driver.  If there is no better solution, my last chance is to format the entire harddrive and create a new fresh environment.

BTW, I don't know if that matters, but I'm currently using evaluation version and my order should arrive early next week.

Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,400 Views)

Hi Dohua, 

This was the only thing I was able to find relating to the error you're experiencing. Not very helpful, I know. It seems like it is somehow referencing the wrong driver for the camera. What does the camer show up as in Device Manager? You mentioned that you had multiple drivers installed for it, perhaps it is grabbing the wrong one there. 

There is a distinct difference between IMAQ and IMAQdx in that you are unable to select the driver for the camera in IMAQdx, unlike IMAQ where you designate the correct camera file for the camera. 

I'm curious if you see this behavior with other USB cameras, do you have another one you can test with? Or another machine you can test your current USB camera on? 

I'll continue to look into this issue and let you know if I find anything. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,389 Views)

Hi Hi Nathanael,

Thanks for your suggestions.  In the end I removed/deleted all drivers/softwares that might relate to this usb camera in window safe mode.  Then went back to normal windows and installed the only correct camera driver.  This time labview has grabbed the "only one" camera driver and successfully showed the video in MAx, and of course, labview environment.

Everything is working fine now.  But still, I don't know why labview only grabs the wrong camera driver, but doesn't even provide me options changing to the right one as mentioned in the manual, even though all drives have been installed.

That would be still helpful if there is a way for labview to select the right driver in case I intall other usb cameras or devices.

Anyways, thanks for your kindly reply again.

-Dohua

Message 5 of 6
(7,360 Views)

Hi Dohua, 

I know this is nearly 9 years after you posted your issue and seemed to resolve it. I was wondering if you could provide more insight into which drivers you installed specifically to the amscope mu130 camera to get it to start working in NI MAX and LabView programs. I am having trouble currently where there is no camera showing up at all under the devices and interfaces tab of NI MAX. All help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,921 Views)