From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition issues with Logitech C910 Webcam and Vision Builder 2009

Hello all,

We have a Logitech C910 HD webcam (USB interface) configured for use with Vision Builder 2009. 

The acquired images when editing the 'Acquire Image' step are perfect- great exposure and detail!

Using the Acquire Single Image and Acquire Multiple Images buttons, we can capture a single image, or cycle continuously.

We can also edit the camera settings (focus, exposure, white balance etc) during the edit step.

However when I execute the acquisition by running an inspection, the step fails and I don't get an image.

The C910 is a Directshow device, and we're unsure about who to ask to help solve the issue.

One possible clue to the issue is the blue 'camera operating' LEDs on either side of the lens- they don't appear to turn on when the image should be being acquired.

Can anyone help with a solution which allows us to capture images?

Also, is it possible to use multiple USB cameras within a single inspection?

Thanks for your attention.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,427 Views)

Hey Ed,

Do you have some sort of error code or snapshots that you can send our way so we can help you more efficiently...

Yes, it should possible to use multiple USB cameras on a single inspection.

Regards,

A. Zaatari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,404 Views)

Thanks for the reply Z'Atari,

I resolved the issue by rebooting the system (not hust the VBAI software). Since then I haven't seen the issue reappear.Smiley Happy

Regarding the use of 2 USB cameras, I understand the Logitech software doesn't allow the use of 2 C910 cameras on the one PC.

Q/ Do you think this limitation will limit the use of two C910s using Vision Builder?

I guess the easy way to find out is to buy another C910, however I'd like to hear your opinion first.

Cheers

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,401 Views)

For USB cameras, the ni-imaqdx driver calls the camera manufacturer's driver, so any bugs/limitations with their driver won't be fixed by ours. So if their driver doesn't allow multiple cameras at the same time, I don't think it will work.  I think that camera may be recognized by Windows built-in drivers...not sure if they get around this limitation, but thought I'd pass that along.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,399 Views)