Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring Image from a CCD color camera using IMAQ

Hello,

I need to acquire image from a "Hitachi CCD color camera KP-D20A". The output of this camera is coaxial, so I'm using a Video server (ref. TCS-200) which I connect the coaxial cable to, and then it gives me an ethernet output that I connect to my PC. After setting up TCP/IP properties for the input that comes from the server with a fixed IP, I can acquire the image using a software called TVMS provided with the video server.

Since I need also to make image processing, I would like to acquire image directly using Labview (IMAQ) but I can't get it to work. I've used NI Vision Assistant with no success because when I try to acquire image and set the target as "Select Network Target" it asks for an IP and password. If I acquire image with the other software program, I have to write user and password both provided with the video server, so I've tried giving the IP and the password but it doesn't work (it doesn't as for an user).

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how I can deal with this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,833 Views)

You have to use an analog framegrabber to connect your camera directly to the computer without the video server.

The video server compress the video signal in mpeg or something and stream it in TCP to the TVMS software. unfortunately it must be a proprietary format wich is not compatible with IMAQ.

You can find analog frame grabbers from matrox and you can find matrox toolkit for labview so you can acquire and process your images in LabVIEW.

Regards

NTA_LabView_certified_Developper.jpg
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,826 Views)

Is that the only way to do this. Isn't there a acquisition card from NI that allows me to do that? It's just that I would like to work with the hardware I already have, if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,806 Views)